Friday, April 30, 2010

5 Years of the Childress Life

On April 2nd John and I celebrated 5 years of marriage with a trip to Beaufort, SC. This was the first time we've taken a real anniversary trip, where we actually went out of town and relaxed for a whole weekend. It was awesome! John surprised me by booking us a couple of nights at this super cute bed and breakfast right on Bay St. We had a great view of the harbor and even our own private porch off our room.  On Saturday we went on a great walking tour of the town. It was seriously one of the best tours I have ever taken. Below is picture of one of the amazing house and Live Oak trees we saw.



The rest of the weekend was spent eating at great restaurants, reading good books, and taking walks. We even took a drive out to Hunting Beach.

So here we are after 5 years together! They've been the best of my life and I'm so grateful for my incredible husband who is about to become the best dad ever!


And here we are on our wedding day...doesn't seem like it could be 5 years already!

2 comments:

Shannon Hayes said...

These are great pics - we miss you both so much! Hope to see you soon. Anxious to hear where you will be next! :)

The Brantley Boys said...

Yay for blogging, for real. I was holding out on adding you to my blog roll until I saw that you were serious about it.